Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in - keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
Delta has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Team Lead to head up our team of electricians, based in Alexandra. The Electrical Team Lead will provide leadership and support to front-line staff to ensure safe, efficient and accurate delivery of electrical works to meet customer expectations.
About the Role:
· Approach health and safety with a continuous improvement mind-set with the development, implementation and review of standards, processes and operating procedures.
· Ensures full compliance from team with all safety requirements and that necessary forms such as JSA’s, Tailgates, and incident forms are completed.
· Spends approximately 70% of their time in the field monitoring work standards and behaviors.
· Liaison with Field Managers and Scheduling Coordinators to ensure the appropriate resources are provided to the project management team for successful delivery of projects including fault work
· Ensures organisational policies and procedures are followed by all staff consistently based on effective communication and expectation setting.
· Variations are identified and appropriate people are notified to ensure that the correct paper work is done in time.
· Managing work records and job completion packs
· Coordination of outages for planned, urgent, and fault work.
What you need to succeed:
· EWRB registration and practicing licence and current driver’s licence
· Strong capability in safety leadership
· Sound experience in maintenance and contracting
· Demonstrated skills in being able to effectively coach, develop and train staff.
· Extensive knowledge of the current Electricity Regulations and Codes of Practice
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Positive and collaborative leadership style.
· Models Delta’s values and leads by example.
· A self-starter, being organised, structured and disciplined.
What’s on offer:
· The opportunity to contribute to a variety of interesting projects
· A role where you can be challenged
· Joining a progressive and reputable South Island organization
· Training and development opportunities
· A competitive remuneration package with all gear and equipment provided
· A fun and supportive work environment
If this sounds like you, you have a positive attitude and want to be part of a great team, we want to hear from you. Apply now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org