Delta is a smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain electricity supply and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Distribution Designer or Electrical Graduate to join our Dunedin based Distribution (Electricity) team.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the purpose of the role is to prepare offers, estimates or quotations for Distribution works and generate network designs that meet standards and requirements of the customer.
· Experience as Designer/Estimator in the Electrical Distribution industry or similar;
· Knowledge of pricing and estimating;
· Commercial and contractual knowledge;
· Application and knowledge of Network Design Standards;
· Competent computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite; CAD
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· A self-starter who is achievement orientated with excellent organization skills;
· A team player;
· Desirable - Electrical Registration (or equivalent) as a Line Mechanic, Cable Jointer or Electrician along with approximately 10 years of Electricity Supply Industry experience.
Your knowledge of the electricity supply industry, matched to your organizational and technical expertise, will allow you to make a significant contribution to the Dunedin Distribution team.
What’s on offer:
· The opportunity to contribute to a variety of interesting projects
· A role where you can be challenged
· Joining a progressive organisation
· Career and development opportunities
· A competitive remuneration package
· A fun and supportive work environment.
If you think this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Don't delay - this is a rare opportunity to join a great team! Apply online now.