Delta is your smart thinking infrastructure specialist. We construct, manage and maintain essential energy and environmental infrastructure. Every day we make a difference in the lives of New Zealanders. We make communities better for people to live, work and play in – keeping the lights on, the trees trimmed and the parks green.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Contracts Manager to lead our dedicated Environmental Services team within the Waimakariri and Hurunui regions.
Reporting to the General Manager of Environmental Services, this busy role within the horticulture, turf management and vegetation control sectors involves:
- Leading, motivating and managing a team of environmental workers
- Ensuring safety is a top priority at all times
- Providing customers and employees with a positive and influential communication style
- Accurate work planning, tracking costs, revenue and profit including updating and submission of reports
- Creation and submission of tenders
- Resource programming according to work schedule
- Ensuring excellence in delivery by the team.
To be successful in the role ideally you will:
- Have demonstrated experience in leading or supervising staff in a similar role;
- Be a qualified and experienced professional within the environmental sector;
- Have good computer skills (MS Excel, Office) and have the ability to be introduced to new technology (tablets and apps);
- Be highly organised, personable, able to work autonomously and be a team player.
The role would ideally suit a seasoned Contracts Manager however we are would also be interested in someone with supervision experience looking to take the next step in their career.
What’s on offer?
· Full private use of a company vehicle
· Mobile phone and laptop
· A competitive remuneration package
· A varied role where no day is the same
· Leading a dedicated and hardworking team
· Joining a progressive organisation
· Career and development opportunities.
If you think this sounds like you, we want to hear from you. Apply online now!
Delta is an equal opportunities employer, providing competitive remuneration and structured support for your career development. To apply, and to find more information on Delta please visit . Check out our employees at work in the World’s Best Office at http://www.theworldsbestoffice.com/.